Sunday, December 9, 2007

Day Three in St. Petersburg























Hi everyone. Today, we awoke to a blanket of snow. I thought it couldn’t get any colder, but it did. Even I was freezing today, and you all know how I like the cold.

Anyway, after visiting Catherine the Great's Summer Palace, we went to the St. Petersburg Conservatory where the greats were students, like Prokofiev, Jascha Heifetz, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, etc.... One photo is of Tom and me with the head of the concerts program in front of the bust of Rimsky-Korsakov. Then, a pic of Tom and me in front of a plaque of Shostakovich, who composed in this classroom.
We then met with the Director of Development of the Mariinsky (Kirov) Theatre and discussed bringing the Mariinsky to Chapel Hill with Valery Gergiev.... The last pic is a photo of the theatre....

Tomorrow is our last day. I actually look forward to coming home.

Tom and I had our first shots of Russian Imperial Vodka. yum.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful picture perfect locations...that's magnificent!!

http://ootyresort.blogspot.com